About Shooting Star
The band formed in the late 1970s. After gaining popularity in the Kansas City area, Shooting Star became the first American group to sign with Virgin Records. They recorded their 1979 debut album in England with producer Gus Dudgeon, best known for his work with Elton John and David Bowie. The band gained national exposure when a number of songs garnered moderate air-play on album-oriented rock radio stations in the US.
Shooting Star initially consisted of Van McLain (guitars, vocals), Bill Guffey (keyboards), Steve Thomas (drums), Ron Verlin (bass), Charles Waltz (violin, keyboards, vocals), and Gary West (lead vocals, guitars, keyboards).
Tickets start at $19.50. Must be 21 years or older to attend.
Event & Venue Information
What to know before the show!
- Location: 777 River City Casino Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63125 | Get Directions ›
- Parking: Complimentary garage and surface lot parking.
- Will Call: Opens two hours prior to show time. Will Call is located in front of the Event Center.
- Ticketmaster: Ticketmaster is our approved vendor to sell our tickets. We cannot guarantee validity of tickets or refunds on any other ticketing platform. We strongly suggest you use Ticketmaster.com to purchase your tickets.
- Box Office: Our Box Office is located inside the ETC Gift Shop next to the hotel lobby.
- Age Restrictions: Must be 21 years of age to attend.
- Food & Beverage: No outside food or beverages are allowed. We have bar service (cash and credit) available inside the concert venue. Select restaurants are open prior to show time.
- Hotel: Our hotel is located directly across from The Event Center.
- ADA Access: Our venue is fully ADA accessible.